Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Timmie's kinda day!

Today I had to drag the kids around to renew my van insurance. Yes I now drive a mini van and I know I said I hated them, when baby number 3 was coming it was a must and I'm OK with that. Besides, its the driver that makes it cool right??  Anyhow, we went to the Dollarama afterwards and picked up a few things for Canada Day, and on the way home I decided to spoil myself with a XL Tim Horton's English Toffee since it has been so long since I have had one. (Sorry Keurig, i cheated on you).


As always by the time we get home the kids are almost starved to death and can barely walk.  Am I wrong to assume that they can go 1.5hours in between feedings? I mean the 7 1/2 month old baby can. So I dragged out the section plates and started to prepare. First things first, a yummy smoothie!! Ashton picked strawberries from the garden and washed and put them in the blender.


~vanilla yogurt
~blueberries(frozen from last years garden)
~raspberries ( frozen from last years garden)
~frozen banana( frozen from last years garden) OK maybe not
~green food powder
~water



I'm really trying to focus on the kid's health I love that they are willing to try most things and even more so if you make it fun. Today we had foods I already know they like so I just made it a little bit more fun to eat and considering how malnourished they were from going 1.5hours without eating, I had make sure it was filling.


~Gluten free waffles
~cucumbers cut all "wibbly wobbly" as the kids say.
~star cut watermelon!!
~and don't forget the dill dip! perfect for waffles.(not kidding, Sierra used hers all on the waffle none on the cucumber!!!)


Sir Ashton enjoying his lunch while watching the clouds roll by out the window and the birds eating at the feeder.  Well maybe just eating and nothing else. (shrug)

Little Miss Sierra dipping her waffle in dill dip!


Lil Tank loves him some watermelon!

I think chocolate power balls is going to be in the making tonight!! Mama is craving chocolate!!!!!

And to add, a little kiss to the baby bunny we tried to rescue and didnt make it. RIP little bun bun!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on making eating healthy fun for the kids. Eating healthy is a passion of mine and I am so glad when I see parents encouraging their children to make wise choices now! Such a great mama!

    And sorry about that cute little bunny :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. rip lil bunny:( and what is this green food powder you speak of?:)

    ReplyDelete