Monday, June 27, 2011

Making Almond Milk!!!

Making almond milk is super easy!!!!  We use 1 cup raw almonds and soak them over night or for 6-8 hours. They will get all puffy from the water and that's perfect! `

 Then we rinsed them off and dumped them into the blender. Then add 3 cups of water to the blender. You can add vanilla or any flavoring if you choose at this time.

Blend it all up really well. Now I don't have a professional blender but that means it just might take a bit of extra time to blend it up.


Then I like to dump it into a bowl lined with a tea towel but you can use cheese cloth if  you prefer. Scoop up the corners of the towel and squeeze to get all the milk out.




I keep the pulp to use later in Chocolate power balls as an extra add in. I just jar it up and put it in the freezer.

 And Voila!!!  Almond milk!!!! A great dairy free alternative! Great for using in baking, cereal, smoothies etc!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I use Almond Milk in my smoothies in the morning and had never thought of making it... may have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy~ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have to try this. I would never have thought to do this at home.

    ReplyDelete