Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Im back!!!!! Run! Run for your lives!!!!!

So its been awhile since my last post. I somehow got lost in life and fell off the bandwagon but I thought posting again would help me not only document our life but to encourage me to continue down my path.   Though somehow I don't remember this path being so bumping and steep when I was going down it!!!!!!!   So as I hike back up I will keep reminding myself of why I am doing this. To be healthy and fit and nothing more. Ok maybe a little for the "being a milf" thing but mostly for health. hehe. 

Thinking back on the years it took me to reach my **ahem** level of physical fitness, I honestly don't remember it being very hard!!!! I mean I actually remember it being easy and fun!!!  Now a days it takes so much physical effort and mental focus to see any ounce (and by ounce I mean ounce) of difference, that by the time I am at my goal physique, I am sure to be nominated for the "Courage to come back" award! Seriously!!! This is nuts!!!!!  My mother didn't tell me about this at all!!!!

It is very important for me to pass along healthy habits to my kids and we do so much of this together. Ok sometimes they sit on the couch and watch me do my workouts giggling.(picture a norwhale doing squats)  Truthfully, I am a binge eater. I wait until I am hungry and I eat to much too fast.  I also have crazy sugar cravings, put that altogether with my low will power and its a recipe for disaster. Preparedness is going to be a huge help for me. So yesterday I made a bunch of salad containers to have ready in the fridge to grab on the go or  when I am in starvation mode. 

mmmmm mango chipotle dressing!!!!

I put a little dish of hemp hearts in as well to add some protein and because they taste so yummy!!!


Today Sierra and I also did some baking of some healthy snacks! We started with basic banana bread which I added some stuff and substituted some stuff with!  I used half banana half grated zucchini, apple sauce instead of butter, added ground flax for some omegas and fibre, used egg whites to lower the fat etc.  oh lets not forget the dark chocolate chips!!! 




Notice there is only half left!!! and may I just say that I only had half a piece! Ya, I'm that good!

And last but not least we made an all time favorite treat here in this house! Chocolate power balls!!! I am failing to remember how to post a link so until I do you can find the original recipe here in my blog in an older post.  Today however I didn't really have much for walnuts, so today this is what when into the food processor: 1 1/4cup pitted medjool dates, 1 cup raw almonds, 1/4 cup each of walnuts, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, vanilla and 1/2cup dark chocolate chips. Oh and a handful of ground flax seeds!

I love these things, the kids love these things, and Brett loves these.  While the next picture uploads I may go to the fridge to grab one!!!


I don't feel so bad letting the kids have a few of these as a treat at all! And for me, they honestly curb any sugar craving I have. Yes they do have natural sugar in them from the dates and a bit of sugar from the dark chocolate, but in comparison to what we may eat otherwise............... I'd say its a great replacement!

So I did end up eating very healthy and I did complete 2 bodyrock interval workouts today!!!!  Lets hope I can keep up this pace, because I have some bigger hills on my path ahead of me and I cannot wait to hit the top!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment