Saturday, May 12, 2012

Almond butter and sunshine!!!!

Following my new diet is getting pretty tough in the mornings. I know i know, what diet isn't tough right?  But no grains?  Doesn't the word breakfast mean grain in some other part of the world??????  I cannot eat eggs otherwise I would be all over that!!  So today began with making some homemade from scratch(OK almonds) almond butter!!!!  It was pretty interesting to try!!!  I put in 2 cups of raw almonds into my food processor and started it on high. You could also use roasted almonds if  you preferred.  Now bear in mind this process is a bit long. 10-15minutes I think it was. Enough time to clean up the kid's breakfast messes cause that's what an awesome mother does! ha ha jokes on us. 

After a couple minutes this is what you will end up with. 



Keep at it I promise it will eventually start to clump as the almond's oil come out.  If it starts to build up on the sides, and I'm sure it will, just stop and scrap it down.

As you can see it really starts to clump up and form a ball as it goes around similar to dough. Hey , guess what you do next???? yup keep it mixing!

And not too soon after you have almond butter!!!!!!!!! 


Now mama can have apples and almond butter for breaky!!!! A favorite snack out this house!



The whole day was gorgeous and sunny and that mean BBQ time!!!  OK OK yes, anytime in BBQ time but I finally decided to not be lazy and fired it up! Hudson really loved his corn on the cob!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment